Baily’s Hunting Directory (BHD)
Baily’s has been called the ‘‘red-backed bible of hunting’ for the worldwide foxhunting community, providing news, images, reports, and reviews of the hunting season for hundreds of hunts throughout North America, England, Ireland, and other countries. We record the names of all Masters of Foxhounds, huntsmen, whippers-in, etc. In addition we provide detailed descriptions of packs of hounds, together with hunt maps, reproductions of hunt button images for over 800 different hunts worldwide and the results of their hound and puppy shows.
120+ Years of Reports and Comment
Baily’s Annual Directory was first published in 1897. Since then it has been widely acknowledged as the only truly comprehensive source of information on registered hunts and hunting worldwide.
Baily’s is regularly quoted in Hansard (the official report of all Parliamentary debates.petitions and divisions) as the primary resource during Parliamentary business relating to hunting with hounds.
Baily’s continues to receive positive press in the UK and foreign media including- Daily Telegraph, The Field, The New Yorker, Tatler etc. Baily’s has a reputation for offering the most exceptional content, images, goods, and services that are relevant to its affluent and discerning readership.
Baily’s has had some well-known owners during its long history including, Vintons, JA Allen, IPC (publishers of The Field and Horse and Hound), and Pearson Publishing. Pearson’s were instrumental in taking the publication on-line in 2011 as part of an exciting new hunting website, www.bailyshuntingdirectory.com.
With our skills and expertise in electronic publishing, the team at Baily’s HD Ltd has the enthusiasm, drive, and ability to expose the Baily’s brand to a wider, international, affluent, and discerning audience.
We have grown the readership over 400% since our acquisition with significant number of subscribers in:- the UK, Ireland, North America, Canada, NZ, Australia, France, the Netherlands and Germany
The website is updated daily with hunting-related articles and news, a gallery, new product and book reviews, hunt button collecting advice and discussion, a hunt and country lifestyle section, and links to many hunting organizations across the globe.
Verified Subscribers have the ability to access the Directory, which remains the only comprehensive and authoritative source of information on hunts worldwide
- Directory section covering all types of packs in 22 countries
- Major hound and puppy show results from around the world going back to 1894
- Comprehensive photographic gallery with a constantly growing repository of 8000+ images of hound and hunting captured by some of the best hound and equestrian photographers available.
- Access to over 4000 articles, news and comments from some of the best hunting and countryside writers worldwide
- Highly influential reviews of books, products and hunting related services
- Baily’s website receives a mean of 600+ unique visits per day from around the world with:-
- 45:55% Male:female gender split
- 60% of our audience take part in other field sports including shooting and fishing (2021 survey)
- 80% of our audience follow hounds while on foot and or mounted (2021 survey)
- 50% of our audience follow hounds on foot (2021 survey)
- Age demographic of 80% of readers over 30
- 68% of whom live entirely in rural areas
- We have 17000+ followers through social media with a mean of 140,000 page views per month
In addition to our online presence and avidly followed social media activity. We are always keen to meet our affluent and discerning audience. This is achieved by attending a variety of events throughout the year both here and abroad with our purpose-built trailer unit. These visits provide the opportunity to obtain audience feedback and promote Baily’s new and established product range together with occasional goods and services from carefully selected advertisers.
Baily’s Directors have a background in subjects as diverse as Law, Science, IT, and Publishing who share a deep-seated love for all rural activities hunting with hounds, and who possess extensive expertise in delivering professional services to demanding international clients.
Baily’s is always open to discussions relating to any advertising or potential partnership arrangements that will be of interest to Baily’s affluent and discerning readership or promote and maintain hunting with hounds. They can be contacted via email@example.com
The team is regularly ‘assisted’ throughout the year by various hound pups ‘at walk’ together with retired hounds.
Our ‘more mature’ canine crew can always be relied upon to provide useful in-depth product assessment but, they are actually much keener on scenting out the best spot by the radiator and ‘just the right’ biscuits for the day.