||From 1940 the East Division of the country was temporarily lent to Miss E A Guest. She had had a private pack from 1914 and hunted the East Division as the Blackmore Vale (Miss Guests) until 1954, when it was returned. The Blackmore Vale and Blackmore Vale (Miss Guests) were amalgamated in 1954. The Blackmore and Sparkford Vale was formed in 1971 by the amalgamation of The Blackmore Vale Foxhounds and the Sparkford Vale Harriers. The Blackmore Vale Hunt dates from 1826, and the country has existed since 1831, when the Rev Harry Farr Yeatman hunted hare, fox, or roe deer. The roe deer had been brought from Germany by Lord Dorchester, and are still very plentiful. Mr Yeatman bought his pack from Mr Templar, of Devon. Mr Hall hunted part of the country for one season (1834) and the 1st Viscount Portman, by arrangement with Mr Hall, hunted a portion from 1831 to 1840. Meantime Mr Drax, having had some misunderstanding with Mr Farquharson, started a pack to hunt over his own property, and from this Hunt comes a direct succession of Masters. The Sparkford Vale Harriers were started in 1888 by H Turner, of Cary Fitzpaine. During Mr Holt Needhams Mastership the pack was his property and was known by his name. In 1905, on Mr Holt Needhams resignation, the name was changed. From 1907-09 the hounds were moved from Wales House, Queen Camel, to Sherborne Castle. They returned to kennels at Queen Camel in 1909. The Hunt was incorporated into a company limited by guarantee on 14th June 2004, as The Blackmore & Sparkford Vale Company Limited.